Augustine Preparatory Academy / Ramirez Aquatics Center
2651 South 5th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53207
George Moraza George@moraza.us
David Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Manager: TBA
Time: Check-In Opens at 1:00 PM Warm-ups 1:30 PM Meet Starts 2:00 PM
Format: All Age Divisions for Men and Women
Masters Division – For Competitive Swimmers
Novice Division – For Beginner Swimmers
You may not swim in both Novice and Masters events.
Novice Swimmers Not Eligible to compete in the NSGA Games
Fee: $20 per Athlete
Limit five (5) events. You may not MIX Masters and Novice events.
Events may run as men and women combined: MIXED heats - The following USMS rules apply to this swim meet:
1. Starts: The forward start may be taken from the starting blocks, the pool deck or a push from the wall. The backstroke start is taken from the wall. A false start will result in disqualification.
2. Turns: The breaststroke and butterfly turns must be done with both hands touching the wall simultaneously. The backstroke and freestyle events require some part of the body to touch the wall.
3. Backstroke: There are no rules pertaining to arm or leg movements. The swimmer is allowed to turn over on his/her stomach during the turn prior to touching the wall.
4. Breaststroke: The appropriate stroke is required.
5. Butterfly: Appropriate stroke is required. The whip kick or the dolphin kick may be used exclusively or interchangeably
6. Freestyle: Swimmers must touch the wall at each turn and at the finish. Any stroke may be used, swimmers may switch strokes whenever they wish, except that in an individual medley event, freestyle means any stroke other than butterfly, breaststroke, or backstroke.
7. Medley: The order of strokes in the individual medley is butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle. Rules for the individual strokes govern strokes and turns. (Only rule that does not apply to this meet as no relays are conducted.)
8. General: Swimmers who uses improper methods in order to obtain an advantage over his/her competition will be disqualified from that event.
Master & Novice Events:
True True 3 (``````````` (``````````` 1 3419475 1653040 0
1) 400 Individual Medley 2) 200 Freestyle
3) 100 Fly 4) 50 Side—Novice
5) 50 Breast 6) 50 Breast—Novice
7) 100 Back 8) 200 Fly
9) 100 Breast 10) 50 Free
11) 50 Free—Novice 12) 100 IM
13) 200 Back 14) 50 Fly
15) 100 Free 16) 100 Free—Novice
17) 200 IM 18) 50 Back
19) 50 Back—Novice 20) 200 Breast
21) 500 Frees